Everyone is invited to join us to do some creative service projects for UMCOR. We will be assembling Health Kit’s to be sent to people in need.
Fifth Sunday Mission
October 29, 2017
UMCOR Health Kit Assembly
Each Health Kit will Contain:
- One Bath Hand Towel – 15×25 or 17×27 – No Kitchen, cleaning or microfiber towels
- One Washcloth
- One Toothbrush – Adult Size only in original packaging
- Six 3/4-1 inch Band-Aids
- One Bath-size soap – 3oz. or larger in original packaging (No Ivory or Jergens)
- One Comb (at least 6 inches of teeth)
- One Metal Nail File or Nail Clipper (No emery boards)
- One gallon size resealable bag
- $1 to purchase toothpaste (purchased in bulk by UMCOR)
All items must be new, with packaging removed, unless specified above. The items can be brought to the church anytime in October. There will be a container in the front entry for the items, beginning on World Communion Sunday, October 1. Keep an eye on the container over the month to see what might be needed. To donate dollars for the toothpaste, or to purchase items in bulk for our kit-making on October 29, mark your donation, “Church Health Kit”, and the money will be set aside to purchase items and enclose the dollar bills when the health kits are sent.
Join us for Worship on October 29, and we will assemble the kits after the service!