Church Building and Property Use
Our property includes the following: Kitchen & Fellowship Hall, Sanctuary, Picnic Grounds & Fire Pit.
Reservations for equipment and property use can be made by contacting the church office at (651) 784-7667. A damage deposit will hold your reservation. Please note that while we try to avoid conflicts over building events, funerals will always take priority over a reserved event.
Building Use Policy
A copy of the rules and guidelines is noted below:
- Groups must provide Certificate of Insurance from an organization.
- Table and chair set-up is the user’s responsibility unless special arrangements are made through the church office.
- Please respect the church and facilities. While we would like all individuals and groups to come and enjoy the facilities for their activities, we do ask that children are supervised and prohibited from using areas of the church that are not part of the meeting or are unsupervised.
- No entrance of Fellowship Hall for set-up or activity will be allowed before 6:30 pm Monday through Friday. (A licensed daycare is in operation from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm weekdays).
- Any furniture, décor, etc. that is moved must be put back in its place when finished.
- Outdoor area including the picnic pavilion, fire pit, grills or playground area is off limits
- unless special permission is obtained through the church office. If arrangements have been made, all fires must be extinguished before leaving.
- When using the Fellowship Hall, the entrance to be used is the Fellowship Hall door. (This is the brown door at the SE end of the building). THE MAIN GLASS DOORS ARE TO REMAIN LOCKED. By allowing access only to those who have a reason to be in the building, the church is protected from liability issues that arise from unauthorized entrances. This is for everyone’s safety and security!
- The church should be clean upon arrival of the group. Should you find something unacceptable, please take a photo and let us know. We will try to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. If this is an emergent need, please contact one of the emergency numbers listed below.
- GUMC does not have a custodian; groups are responsible for cleaning up after themselves. Tables and chairs used by the group need to be placed in the same location and formation as they were when the group first arrived.
- Clean up all trash and empty church trash receptacles if you have used them. There is a dumpster and recycling cart behind the wood fence next to the garage.
- No alcohol or drug use is permitted on church property. This is non-negotiable.
- Thoroughly clean the kitchen if you have used this for your event. Counters should be clean and clear, kitchen items put away, floors swept (and mopped if necessary). Members/congregants should bring any used towels home for laundering and return to the church. Other guests should place all used towels in the basket povided.
- Vacuum floors if needed. A vacuum can be found in the maintenance room, which is opposite Fellowship Hall, just down from the kitchen.
- Take all leftover food items from your event with you. Make sure lights are out and all doors are locked behind you as you leave.
- GUMC is not responsible for accidents or injuries incurred while using our property.
Policies for use of church-owned equipment off-site
Church members may borrow equipment, such as tables and chairs for special events, but must reserve in advance. Please call the church office for information and to make reservations.